Monday, March 17, 2008

Do I Land In The Right NGO

Hi Netters...
It Was long time back since i landed back to my beloved land of Aceh, When i was in india i do think to join some foreign NGO to help making better of Aceh. but the reason is what kind of NGO i would like to joining later... i think alot about this, which one is better to join in helping Aceh significantly.
Iam traying alots in Banda Aceh in searching suit NGO to be inside, but i dont find any NGO suit to what iam interest in that. so then i went back to North Aceh, i feel guilty if i dont try my best to help Aceh. I 've seen many foreigner came to help Aceh saparately across the country, one day i seen some vacancy in local newspaper working for education development in Aceh, i do interest in this NGO as I dont have any experience working for international NGO but i intend to be coperate with this NGO.
This NGO is the Partnership Programme between Indonesia and Australia focussing on development of education in Aceh called as CEPA, I love the education that the reason why iam applying in this NGO. in this NGO i would like to spread out all my ability for better education in Aceh. i would like to give all the experience i have in education for CEPA that what i promise in my self.
Right now i was placed as Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, still confusing about job description and working rules, but i believe i can handle this and time is running to proove i can do the best for better future of Aceh.
And Now i am Joining with a new friend....

2 comments:

AMY said...

Hi Irwansyah,

My name is Amy. I was just googling in the net trying to get information about NGO in Aceh. Then i saw ur blog. It is a good blog esp. with your commitment to make Aceh a better place to live. Trully Acehness i bet....

I have the same issue with you...I really keen to work for NGo (local one i hope). i hope by then time i put myslef in the organization, i am able to contribute something to the Indonesian community. I need to feel worth for others.
My question, can i be part of the NGo with no experience before??
It's nice to share this with you and hoping you can give me advices.

Cheers,
Amy (Jakarta)

Irones said...

Hi Amy
Nice to meet u
i dont have talent in joining any organization before specially foreign or local NGO in Aceh
anad this is my 1st experience .. whay they selecting me in joining they organization ,..
i believe in my self that i can make change and i do have that
but dont forget to sharp learner when u just completed ur school..
in every matter be sharp learner that u got a success.
there my short advice..
be sharp learner and proof that one
ok broe..
keep in touch
ir_ones